Get the latest version of this document in this Open Google Doc.
Why Schools are Closing
- Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now. Politicians, Community Leaders and Business Leaders: What Should You Do and When?. The above article is the most comprehensive source of data I’ve seen on understanding why school closings are important. It has had over 24 million views in 72 hours and has been translated into 19 languages.
Online Education Resources & Advice (also applies to k-12)
- Educause COVID-19: Probably the best resource currently available for schools
- OLC Continuity Planning and Emergency Preparedness – OLC. Great resource.
- Edsurge: Navigating Uncertain Times: How Schools Can Cope With Coronavirus. Great resource.
- 10 Strategies for Leading Online When School is Closed. Great resource.
- 16 Free Resources for Schools Who are Closing Due to Coronavirus Great resource.
- Six Steps to Successfully Begin Teaching Online: A Beginner’s Guide For Those Forced Into Online Teaching
- Coronavirus Has Led to a Rush of Online Teaching. Here’s Some Advice for Newly Remote Instructors
- The COVID-19 online pivot
- Emergencies and Switching to Online Learning
- Inside Higher Ed LIVE UPDATES: Latest news on coronavirus and higher education
- Chronicle of Higher Education Coronavirus Hits Campus
Teacher Training Resources
Model Campus Responses to Train Faculty & Others
- Rapid Online Teaching Resources | Adams Center
- APU: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Guidelines
- GCU Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information | GCU
Podcasts & Videos
- Future U. Episode 50: Managing Campuses During the Coronavirus. Provides good advice for administrators
- ICETE Academy: Video 1, Video 2, Video 3, Video 4. Advice for theological schools.
- Remote learning with Khan Academy during school closures
- Free Tools for Schools Dealing with Corona
- Coronavirus Tech Deals
- www.zoom.com (best cloud based multi-person video conference)
- screencast-o-matic.com (best affordable screen recording software)
- International Educator Shared resources for virtual learning in emergency
Resources from Learning Management System Vendors
- Tools for Online Learning when the Classroom Closes | Canvas Learning Platform
- Our Commitment To You During Coronavirus | Canvas E-Learning
- Blackboard Webinar – Preparing to scale online teaching and learning during Coronavirus
- Click here to read an analysis from CooleyEd on Managing COVID-19 Disruption
- Click here to read an analysis from CooleyED on this USED communication
- Click here to read the announcement from the United States Department of Education (USED) regarding COVID-19 guidance
- Click here to read an analysis from Hogan Lovells on this USED communication
Resources for Christian K-12 Schools
Resources for Parents of k-12 Schools Closing
- ‘Classroom to Cloud’: What happened when coronavirus forced my kid’s school to go online
- Low Income Internet Service Providers – $5 a month